All incoming and outgoing mail to inmates, with the exception of legal mail, must be in pre-stamped or metered postcard form. This change is being implemented to ensure the safety and security of jail facilities, inmates and staff.
Acceptable Postcards– NO LETTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
– Stamps are NOT allowed, postcards must be metered or have a pre-printed stamp.
– Must be addressed to : Inmate’s Full Name and LE Number, Facility Name, and the Facility Address.
– Minimum size requirements are 3.5 inches by 4.25 inches.
– Maximum allowable postcard size is 4.25 inches by 6 inches.
– Should be written in BLUE or BLACK INK ONLY.
– Postcards must be white in color and are available at any United States Post Office.
Unacceptable Postcards– Defaced or altered postcards.
– No plastics or wrappings on postcard.
– Postcards marked with paint, crayons or marker.
– Postcards with labels or stickers.
– Postcards with watermarks or stains.
– Postcards with any biohazards, including perfumes or lipstick.
– Postcards depicting nudity, weapons or gang references.
– Postcards containing an affixed stamp.
Legal Mail– Legal mail will not be opened until in front of the inmate.
Money– All money orders/certified checks should continue to be mailed to accounting.
– Envelopes containing additional inmate correspondence will be retuned to sender.
Photographs– NO POLAROID PICTURES!
– Up to four photographs may be mailed to the jail, after an inmate has been incarcerated for a minimum of 30 days, provided the envelope is clearly marked PHOTOGRAPHS.
– Photographs may NOT be larger than four inches by six inches.
– The inmate name and LE number must be written on the back of each photograph. Nothing else is to be written on the photographs.
– Photographs must be unaltered, and may not contain any adhesives, such as stickers or labels.
– Photographs must not depict sexual activity, visibly expose the breast, pubic area or buttocks, contain gang signs or codes or promote or show illegal activity.
– Envelopes containing additional inmate correspondence will be returned to sender.
Newspapers and Magazines
Newspapers and magazines have to be delivered directly from the distributor.
Copyright 2019. Clayton County Sheriff's Office. All rights reserved.