NOW HIRING DEPUTY SHERIFF'S AND CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS!
Position: Salary: Closing Date
If you have any questions about employment with the Clayton County Sheriff's Office, please call us at 770-603-4100 or email us at CCSO.Employment@claytoncountyga.gov.
While the Sheriff's Office is free to hire it's own employees, the employment process starts with filling out an application at the Clayton County Human Resources Office (120 Smith Street, Jonesboro, GA 30236). All vacant positions are posted and maintained by Human Resources. If the position is not posted, it is not open. Additionally, information and applications can be found and submitted online here.
For a complete listing of currently open positions, please visit the Clayton County Human Resources Current Employment Opportunities page here.
AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFIERS FOR SWORN EMPLOYMENT
There are some automatic disqualifiers for employment with the Clayton County Sheriff's Office. These include certain crimes in a person's criminal history, drug use, and tattoos. Please see below for specific disqualifiers.
- Any conviction of a felony criminal act.
- Any conviction of impersonating a Law Enforcement Officer.
- Any conviction of fleeing or attempting to elude police.
- Any conviction involving bringing contraband across a guard line.
*NOTE* "Conviction" refers to the disposition entered by a plea or verdict of guilty or a plea of nolo contendere.
- Any marijuana use within the last year, to include any marijuana derivatives that contain the chemical THC.
- Any use of other illegal drugs within the past three (3) years.
- Any sale, distribution, manufacturing, or transportation of any illegal drug.
- No tattoos on the neck or face.
- One (1) tattoo of 4 inches x 4 inches, visible in short sleeves, is allowed. If the tattoo is larger, or there are multiple small tattoos, the employee will be required to wear long sleeves regardless of the position held.
Job Descriptions - Sworn
Job Descriptions - Civilian
*** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE *** *** NOTICE ***
The Sheriff's Office has received several complaints in reference to an online company (PoliceQuiz.com, part of CareerQuiz.com) that appears to be operating alongside the Clayton County Sheriff's Office to prepare people to take the Civil Service Test that is part of the hiring process. The Clayton County Sheriff's Office DOES NOT have any association with this company. The Clayton County Sheriff's Offices DOES NOT release the Civil Service Test to other organizations. Any use of this service is between the user and the company. The Clayton County Sheriff's Office can not endorse or recommend any assistance from this company.